top of page
Bibimap is a traditional Korean entree which translates to “mixed rice.” This popular cuisine can be served in a regular ceramic bowl or a hot stone bowl to keep the rice hot and crispy at the bottom. Atleast 5 colorful steamed and sauteed vegetables sits on top of the rice finished with a fried egg. All ingredients are mixed together with gochujang sauce!
5 Roasted Korean seaweed sheets 4 Cups cooked short grain rice
1 Tbsp roasted sesame seeds
5 Korean yellow radish pickle strips 1 English Cucumber
1 Medium carrot
1-2 Tbsp Sesame oil
4 Whole Eggs
1 Bag of Spinach
1. Marinade 1lb of bulgogi with a korean beef marinade for atleast 30min-1hr.
2. Place the marinaded bulgogi in a pan and stir fry until fully cooked.
3. Set Aside
1. Using a rice cooker add 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of water to the pot.
2. Press the cook button. Cooking time is generally 25min for most rice cookers.
3. Place cooked rice into a mixing bowl and let it sit until warm. (Wrapping kimbap with hot rice will deem difficult and may soften)
4. Add 3 tbsp rice vinegar, 2 tbsp sugar, and 1 tsp fine sea salt to the rice and mix all ingredients together.
5. Set aside.
1. Julienne cut 1 medium size carrot.
2. Over medium heat, place the cut carrots in a pan and add 1 tsp olive oil and a couple pinches of salt. Lightly cook for 1minute max.
3. Set aside
1. Fry 4 egg in a pan omelet style.
2. Season with salt and pepper to your desire.
3. Once the egg is cooked, slice them into thin strips. (1 strip will be used for each kimbap roll)
4. Set Aside.
1. Lay 1 sheet of seaweed with the shiny side down on a bamboo mat.
2. Grab one handful of rice and spread thinly and evenly on top of the seaweed. Leave 1/3rd of the seaweed empty.
3. Lay small portions of the prepared ingredients on top of the rice.
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Add the bag of spinach and stir for approximarely 30 sec-1min.
3. Once cooked, place the spinach into a large strainer and drain the water completely.
4. Now place the spinach into a large bowl and run cold water to cool spinach.
5. Drain the water once more after cooling the spinach.
6. Grab handfuls of the spinach at a time and squeeze the spinach to remove excess water. Place all squeezed spinach into a mixing bowl.
7. Add 1 tsp sesame oil and pinches of salt to the spinach and mix all ingredients together with your hands.
8. Set Aside.
YELLOW PICKED RADISH STRIPS
1. Slice one log of yellow picked radish into five strips.
2. Set Aside.
1. From the bottom up roll the kimbap carefully. Bamboo matt should not come into contact with any of the inside ingredients during rolling.
2. If the kimbap roll does not stick together at the end you may brush small amounts of water to the 1/3rd gap left previously in step 7 and adhere that end to the roll.
1. Cut the kimbap roll into 12 pieces using a sharp knife. 2. Repeat steps 1-8 for the remaining 4 kimbap rolls.
bottom of page